Dissertation and Thesis
- Oyetade, S. O. (1981) A Phonological Analysis of Arigidi. B. A. Long Essay.
- Depatment of linguistics and Nigerian Languages, University of Ibadan.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1983) A Survey of Attitudes towards some Yoruba Dialects. M. A. Dissertation in the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1990). Nupe-Yoruba Endoglossic Bilingualism in Shaare/Tsaragi Community in Kwara State. Ph D Thesis, University of Ibadan.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1995a) ’Towards a Study of Linguistic Variation in Yoruba: A Preliminary Statement’ In Owolabi, Kola (ed.) Language in Nigeria: Essays in Honour of Ayo Bamgbose Ibadan: Group Publishers. Pp. 201-212.
- Odejide, Biola; Soola, Dayo; Oyetade, Wole and Mosuro, Tola (1995b) English for Communicative Tasks in Higher Education with Additional Grammar and Use of Library Supplements. Ibadan: Stirling Horden Publishers; 288 pages.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1998) „Issues in the Harmonisation and Standardisation of Yoruba in Nigeria and in the Republic of Benin: Implications for Education and Development”. In Prah, K. K. (ed.) Between Extinction and Distinction: The Harmonisation and Standardisation of African Languages. Johannesburg: Witwatersrand University Press. Pp 17-41.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2001a) „Attitude to Foreign Languages and Indigenous Languages Use in Nigeria”. In Igboanusi, Herbert (ed.) Language Attitude and Language Conflict in West Africa. Ibadan: Enicrownfit Publishers. Pp 14-29.
- Egbokhare, F. O.; Oyetade, S. O.; Urua, Eno and Amfani, A. H. (2001b) Language Clusters of Nigeria on the Basis of Mutual Intelligibility. Cape Town: Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society. My contribution in the work is the compilation of language clusters in the South west.
- Egbokhare, F. O. and Oyetade, S. O. (eds.) (2002b) Harmonisation and Standardisation of Nigerian Languages. Cape Town: Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society. I wrote the introductory essay in collaboration with the first author., as well as the editorial work of the whole collection.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2002c)„Towards the Unification of Orthographic Practices in Defoid”. In Egbokhare, F. O. and Oyetade, S. O. (eds.) Harmonisation and Standardisation of Nigerian Languages. Cape Town : centre for Advanced Studies of African Society. Pp 36-55.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2002d)”Diglossia with Bilingualism? Language Choice in a Nigerian Composite Community”. In Babatunde T. Sola and Adeyanju, Dele S. (eds.) Language, Meaning and Society: Papers in Honour of E. E. Adegbija at 50. Ilorin: Hay Tee Books. Pp 429-451.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2004a) Towards a Realistic Measure of Bilingualism in Africa: Nigeria as a case Study. In Owolabi, Kola and Dasylva, Ademola (eds.) Forms and Functions of English and Indigenous Languages in Nigeria. A Festschrift in Honour of Ayo Banjo. Ibadan: City Group Publishers. Pp 482-506.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2004b) Language Endangerment in Nigeria: Perspectives with the Akpes Cluster of Akoko Languages. In Akinlabi, A. and Adesola, O. (eds.) Proceedings of the 4th World Congress of African Linguistics, New Brunswic2003. Cologne: Rudiger Koppe. Pp 529-548.
- Fontem A.N and Oyetade S.O (2005) ”Declining Anglophone English Language Proficiency in Cameroon: What Factors should be considered ? In chia, E.N. T Taka, K.I and Jick, H.K (eds.) Globalization and African Experience: Implications for Languages,Literature and Education. Buea, Cameroon: Anucam Publisher. Pp 64 – 87.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2009) Origin, Development and Varieties of English .In Osoba, G. English Language and Communication Skills for Official Purposes: A Training Manual for Lagos State Civil Servants.Lagos: LASU and Lagos State Ministry of Establishments Training and Pensions. Pp 3-15.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1985) Dialect Attitudes among University Students: Perspectives with some Yoruba Dialects Review of English and Literary Studies, 2(2): 227-237. ( Dept of English, University of Ibadan)
- Oyetade, S. O. (1990) The place of Indigenous Languages in the Overall Educational Objectives of Nigeria Oye: Ogun Journal of Arts 3: 102-110. (Faculty of Arts, Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye)
- Oyetade, S. O. (1992a) On the Nature of Bilingualism in Nigeria, Research in Afrtican Languages and Linguistics 2: 13-20. (Dept. of Linguistics and African Languages. University of Ibadan, Ibadan).
- Oyetade, S. O. (1992b) Multilingualism and Linguistic Policies in Nigeria African Notes: Journal of the Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan 16 (1&2): 32-43.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1993) National Ideology and Language Development An Appraisal of Nigeria, s Language Policy on Education. Papers in Ghanaian Linguistics 10, 47- 61( Linguistics Association of Ghana)
- Oyetade, S. O. (1994) Taboo Expressions in Yoruba. Afrika und űbersee, 77: 91-103. (University of Hamburg, Germany).
- Oyetade, S. O. (1995c) Bilingualism and Language Use in the Nupe Settlement in Ibadan. International Journal of the Sociology of Language, 116: 61-79. Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin and New York.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1995d) A Sociolinguistic Analysis of Address Forms in Yoruba. Language in Society, 24 (4): 515-535. Cambridge University Press.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1996) Bilingualism and Ethnic Identity in a Nupe-Yoruba Border Town in Nigeria. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 17 (5): 373-384. Multilingual Matters Limited. Clevedon, England.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1998) Attitude of Minority Language Speakers to the Major Languages, Journal of Issues in Social Sciences 2 (1), 70-82. Faculty of Social Sciences, Ondo State University, Ado Ekiti, now Ado Ekiti University, Ado Ekiti.
- Malomo, A. O. , Ogundeji, P. A., Oyetade, S. O. And Shokunbi, M. T. (1999) Anatomi Anatomy in Yoruba Initial Problems and Prospects. West African Journal of Anatomy 7, 25- 27
- Oyetade, S. O. (1999/2000) Verbal Iindirection in Yoruba Informal Conversation. Isase: Ibadan Journal of Folklore 1&2, 14 - 21. ( Ibadan Cultural Group, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.)
- Oyetade, S. O. (2001) Language and Integration in the West African Sub-Region. Inquiry in African Languages and Literatures 4, 41-63 Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2001/2002) Language Policies and Planning in Nigeria. Research in African Languages and Literature 6: 51-66. (Dept. of Linguistics and African Languages, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.)
- Oyetade, S. O. (2003) Language Planning in a Multi-Ethnic State: the Majority/Minority Dichotomy in Nigeria. Nordic Journal of African Studies 12 (1) 105-117. University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2004c) Language and Political Changes in the Southwest. Language and Librarianship Journal. 1 (3) 72-83. National Institute for Nigerian Languages, Aba.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2005) Incipient Language Shift in Auga, Akoko. Journal of Language, Culture and Communication. 1. (3) 1-13. Department of Information Technology. University of Technology, Yola.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2007) Language Endangerment and Language Preservation: Perspectives on Akoko Languages of the Southwest. Small Languages and Small Language Communities 55. International Journal of the Sociology of Language 184: 169-184.
- Oyetade, S.O. (2011) The Yoruba Language in Diaspora: Lessons from the English Language. Yoruba: Journal of The Yoruba Studies Association of Nigeria 6 (5) : 1-24
- Oyetade, Wole (1991) Akitiyan Fun Igbedide Oro-Aje Naijiria. Translation of Wale Oyemakinde (1990) Strategies for Revamping the Nigerian Economy. Ibadan: Sketch Publishing Company for Sunlight Institute. 83pp.
- Oyetade, S. O. (1995e) Yoruba Grammar I. Ibadan: Centre for External Studies, University of Ibadan. 154pp.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2001) Eko Ifedewede Yoruba (Contrastive Studies in Yoruba). In Ayelaagbe, Bayo (ed.) Akojopo Imo Ijinle Yoruba, Apa Keta. Oyo: St. Andrews College of Education. Pp 67-80.
- Oyetade, S. O. (2008) Yoruba Grammar II. Ibadan: Distance Learning Centre, University of Ibadan.