MEPAIYEDA, Solomon Makanjuola
Academic and Professional Qualifications
B.A (Ib), M.A(Ekp), PhD(Ekiti)
Area of Specialisation
Department of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- The Relevance of the World Council of Churches in Ecumenism Project. A proposed article to be published by OBITUM, Ado-Ekiti.
- A historio-theological reflection on the concept of war in global religions. A proposed article in the Journal of Religious Studies, University of Ilorin.
- Religious Extremism and Environmental Hazards. A proposed article in Orita Journal of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan.
- The Importance of Religion in Education, a chapter of the book on Religion and Social Research, Dominican Institute, Ibadan.
- The Church and Governance in Nigeria, a proposed chapter of a book on Religious Studies Conference Proceedings, University of Ibadan.
- Interrogating the Theological Argument for the Reality of God within African Religio-Cultural Milieu; a paper for the Faculty of Arts Conference.
- Emerging Trends in Fostering the Concept of Community among the Pentecostal Movements in Nigeria; a paper in Cyber Journal for Pentecostal and Charismatic Research
Dissertation and Thesis
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (1993) “Pentecostalism and Its Impacts on the Established Churches” A Long Essay in the Department of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan,
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (1999) “Evangelism and Church Growth in Anglican Communion, Nigerian (1842-1919)” M.A. Dissertation in the Department of Religious Management and Cultural Studies, Ambrose Alli University (former Edo State University), Ekpoma,
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2007) “A History and Development of the Anglican Church in Kogi and Kwara States (1854-1999)” Ph.D., Thesis Department of Religious Studies, University of Ado-Ekiti.
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2002): The Anglican Communion Nigeria; Evangelism and Church Growth, Ado-Ekiti, Star Printer.
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2009) “A Brief Survey of the Emergence and Impact of the Anglican Church in Kogi and Kwara States (1854-1999)”. ORITA, Ibadan Journal of Religious Studies, XL/1 June 2009.
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2010) “The Role of Nigerian Youths in Re-branding Nigeria”, African Journal of Biblical Studies (AJBS), University of Ibadan, June 2010.
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2010) “A critical assessment of the Anglican Mission in Ora Land”, INSIGHT, Journal of Religious Studies, Babcock University, Ogun State, Volume 6.
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2010) “Ecumenism in Mission Churches as a typology for unity among the contemporary Nigerian Christians”.Chapter of a book in honour of Professor A.S. Oyalana at Emmanuel College of Theology, Ibadan.
- Mepaiyeda, S.M. (2011) “The Legacies of John Olubobokun for the Sustenance of Christianity in Ekitiland, in The Dictionary of African Christian Biography.