Festus Agboola ADESANOYE
Academic and Professional Qualifications
B.A(Ibadan), Ph. D(Ibadan).
Area of Specialisation
Office: Communication and Language Arts Department
(1) Adesanoye, F.A. (1979): "Formality as an Aspect of Unreadability in Nigerian Journalistic English", in Ebo Ubahakwe (Ed.), Varieties and Functions of English in Nigeria, Ibadan: African Universities Press. Nigeria English Studies Association, pp. 184-199.
(2) Adesanoye, F.A. (1990): "Structural Balance of Information: Communication Engineering Through Policy", Chapter 7 in Tony Nnameka et al., (Eds.), Philosophy and Dimensions of National Communication Policy, Vol. 1, Lagos: Centre for Black and African Arts , and Civilisation, pp. 95-106. READ ABSTRACT
(3) Adesanoye, F.A. (1990): "Mass Communication, Mass Incommunication and Nigeria's Development" in Ikechukwu E. Nwosu. (Ed.), Mass Communication and National Development, Aba: Frontiers Publishers Ltd., pp. 35-52. (Also published as: "Mass Communication and Mass Incommunication in Nigeria", African Media Review, Vol. 4, No.1, 1990, pp. 60-74.
(4) Adesanoye, F.A. (1991): "Professional Book Publishing: The Principles and Practice," Chapter7 in S.O. Unoh, (Ed.), Topical Issues in Communication Arts, Vol III, Uyo: Modern Business Press ltd., pp. 132-150.
(5) Adesanoye, F.A. (1991): "Book Editing and Publishing Problems in Nigeria" Chapter 8 in S.O.Unoh (Ed.), Topical Issues in Communication Arts, Vol III, Uyo: Modern Business Press Ltd., pp.151-168.
(6) Asein, Sam and Adesanoye, F.A. (Eds.) (1994): Language and Polity: Essays in Language and Society in Africa, Ibadan: Sam Bookman. [Wrote the Introduction, did the entire copy-editing job, and contributed two of the chapters (6 and 9)].
(7) Adesanoye, F.A. (1995): "Editing the Nigerian Editors' Own English: Some Observations on the Literacy of Nigerian Book Editors", in Kola Owolabi, (Ed.), Language in Nigeria: Essays in Honour of Ayo Bamgbose, Ibadan: Group Publishers, pp. 474-489.
(8) Adesanoye, FA. (1995): The Book in Nigeria: Some Current Issues, Ibadan: Sam Bookman.
(9) Adesanoye, F.A. (1976): "Aspects of the Written English of the Nigerian Undergraduate", Journal of the Nigeria English Studies Association, Vol. 8 (1), pp. 132-142.READ ABSTRACT
(10) Adesanoye, F.A. (1976): "Aspects of Oral Tradition in Nigerian Literary English," BUSARA (Kenya Literature Bureau), Vol. 8 (2), pp. 81-101.
(11) Adesanoye, F.A. (1978): "English in Administration: Problems of Written Communication in a Nigerian University Registry", The Bureaucrat, Benin City.
(12) Adesanoye, FA. (1980): "Patterns of Deviations in Written English in Nigeria", Journal of Language Arts and Communication,.. Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 53-65.READ ABSTRACT
(13) Adesanoye, FA. (1985): "The Nigerian Judge and The English Language", Review of English and Literacy Studies, Vol 2, No. 2, pp. 239-252.
(14) Adesanoye, FA. (1987): "'Boycott the Boycottables': An Outlook for English in Nigeria", African Notes, Vol XI, No.1, pp. 18-22.
(15) Adesanoye, F.A. (1988); "Professionalism in Nigerian Book Publishing: Myth or Reality", Books, Vol 1, No.1, pp. 5-14.
(16) Adesanoye, FA. (1988): "The Book and the Nigerian Environment", Review of English and Literary Studies, Vol. 5, No.2, pp. 180-182.
(17) Adesanoye, F.A. (19S9):"Publishing: Catalyst for Political and Socio-economic Development in Nigeria", The Publisher, Vol. 1, No.2, pp. 3339. READ ABSTRACT
(18) Adesanoye, F.A. (19990): "Tertiary (Graduate) English in Nigeria: Some Observations", OYE: Ogun Journal of Arts, Vol. 3, pp. 15-25.
(19) Adesanoye, F.A. (1993): "English Communication For Effective Book Editing", Review of English Literary Studies, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 1-19;
(20) Adesanoye, F.A. (1994): Scholarly Publishing in Nigeria, RELS Monograph Series, No. 20, 17 pp. (ISSN 978-2165-49-2).
(21) Adesanoye, F.A. (1997): "Towards a More Constructive Printer-Publisher Relationship in Nigeria," The Publisher, Vol. 5 No.1, pp.10-14.
(22) Adesanoye, Festus A. and Ayo Ojeniyi,(Eds.) (2003): Issues in Book Publishing in Nigeria - Essays in Honour of Sir Aigboje Higo at 70 Ibadan: Heinemann Educational Books (Nigeria) Plc.
(23) Adesanoye, Festus .A. "Book Publishing in Nigeria: an Overview," In Festus A. Adesanoye and Ayo Ojeniyi (Eds.), op. cit., pp 1-36.
(24) Adedoyin S. Fola and F.A. Adesanoye and O.E. Obabire (1995): "Influence of Population Factors on Agricultural Production: Implication for Extension Communication", Nigerian Journal of Technical Education, Vol. 12, No.1 and 2, pp. 98; 107.READ ABSTRACT
(25) Adedoyin S. Fola and F.A.Adesanoye, (1995): "Mass' Media and Information Programming For Sustainable Agricultural Development in Ogun State, Nigeria, "In S.F. Adedoyin and J.O.Y. Aihonsu, (Eds.), Sustainable Development in Rural Nigeria, NRSA Proceedings, pp: 56-64.
(26) Adedoyin S. Fola and F.A. Adesanoye, (1996): "Communication Practice for Effective Information Flow and Personnel Supervision" in O.L. Oludimu and S.F. Adedoyin, (Eds.), Productivity Management in Nigerian Industries, Ijebu-Ode: Triumph Books Publishers, pp. 6-15.
(27) Adesanoye, F.A. (2005). English Language in Nigeria: a case of the Vanishing Model? In Kola Owolabi and Dasylva (Eds.). Essays in Honour of Ayo Banjo at 70, Ibadan: Group Publishers.READ ABSTRACT
|Aspects of the Written English of the Nigerian.docx||10.43 KB|
|Patterns of Deviations .docx||12.17 KB|
|English Language in Nigeria: a case of the Vanishing Model?.docx||10.05 KB|
|Publishing: Catalyst for Political and Socio-economic Development in Nigeria.docx||11.28 KB|
|Structural Balance of Information7.docx||11.86 KB|