Dr.. Muritala Kewuyemi Kareem
Birth date: 1964-01-01
Department of Arabic & Islamic Studies
Faculty of Arts
University of Ibadan
Telephone number: +234 805 511 4994
E-Mail address: [email protected]
University Education with Dates:
- University of Ibadan 1986 - 1990
- University of Ibadan 1994 - 1995
- University of Ibadan 1997 - 2000
- University of Ibadan (Part time) 2004 to date
Academic Qualifications (with dates)
B.A. (Arabic and Islamic Studies Combined) Second Class upper 1990
M. A. (Arabic and Islamic Studies Combined) Proceed to Ph.D. 1995
Ph.D. in Progress
Professional Qualifications with dates:
A.A.T., The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria 1998
Master of Business Administration (MBA) University of Ibadan 2001
ACA, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria 2006
Present Appointment with date:
- Lecturer II, 1st October, 2002
Date of Last Promotion/Appointment: 1st October, 2002
Detail of Teaching Experience at University Level:
Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan, (NYSC) 1991
Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan, (part-time Lecturer) 1992 ? 1997
Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan 2000 to date
English and Arabic
- Kareem M.K. (1990), Transitive and intransitive Verbs in English and Arabic: A Comparative Study: a Long Essay submitted as a partial fulfillment of the requirements for Award of B.A. (combined Hons) in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- Kareem M.K. (1994), A Study of Some Stylistic Device in the Hamiziyyatu Al-Madih of Sharafa d-Din al Busiri, An M.A. Dissertation presented to the University of Ibadan.
- Kareem M.K. (2002), Financial Management for food crop Merchant: a case study of Bodija in Ibadan: a practical project submitted to the Department of Economics, University of Ibadan in partial fulfillment for the Award of the degree of Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
- Kareem. M.K (2006) Global Economy, Islamic Economy and Terrorism
- Shari'ah Interpretation of Riba to Modern Financial Systems (Ph.D.) Thesis in progress)
- Risk, Inflation, Riba and Rates of Interest
- Total Quality Management: An Islamic Approach
- Savings and Investments in an Islamic Economy
- Allocation of Resources in a Riba- Economy
- The Role of Monetary Policy in an Islamic Economy
Bellow Jaleel and Kareem Muritala (2001), Beliefs and Practices of a Pious Muslim, University Press Plc, Ibadan.
Kareem M.K. (1997), Muhammad Iqbal Kailani's Kitabu Siyam- The Book of Fasting. Translated to Standard Yoruba Language, Published by Hadith Publications, Hyderabad, India, reprinted in Nigeria by Ike Oluwa press Limited Ibadan 50 pages.]
Kareem, M.K. (1995), Relativization; An Aid to the Understanding of the Qur?an and Arabic syntax. Al Fikr Journal of the Department of Arabic and Studies, University of Ibadan, Volume 16 Pages 106 - 121.
Ishaq. O. Oloyede, ja far M. Kaura, Kareem Muritala K. and Lateef O. Abass (2003, Exam Focus Islamic Studies, University Press, Plc, Ibadan Paper Sent for Publication Kareem, M.K (2006) Global Economy, Islamic Economy and Terrorism
Major Conferences Attended:
Conference on The Total Editor in the Next Millennium organized by Association of West African Book Editors (AWABE) 17TH - 19TH August, 1999 at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
Seminar on Practice Resources Management organized by The Companion 1st April, 2000 at Ketu Usrah Lagos.
Conference on Islam and democracy organized by Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic Studies (NATAIS) OCT., 3RD - 7TH, 2001 at faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.
Workshop for Research Student on Guidelines for writing a Doctoral Thesis organized by the Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, Ibadan Nigeria 24th - 25th February, 2004, at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
Workshop on methodology of Basic and applied Research organized by the Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, Nigeria 1st - 5th November 2004 at conference centre, University of Ibadan.
Muslim Education Summit organized by University of Ibadan Muslim Graduates' Association University of Ibadan 17 - 19th April, 2005 at Conference centre, University of Ibadan.
Global Economy Islamic Economy and Terrorism, being a paper presented by Kareem M.K, at the International Conference on Islam, Terrorism and African Development organized by the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan, Ibadan Nigeria 8th-10th February, 2006.
Scholarships, Fellowships and Prizes:
Al Rasafi Prize in Arabic and Islamic Studies for the best student in Arabic Language and Islamic Studies 15th Nov., 1990.
Professor Musa (Abudl) Memorial prize for the best student in Islamic Studies 15th Nov., 1990
- Bale Rasheed Adesokan Prize for the Best student in the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies 15th Nov., 1990.
Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies:
Member, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS)
Member, The Association of Accounting Technicians of The Institutes of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria AAT/4632.
Student Membership 073962, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
Faculty of Arts Representative, Faculty Board of the Social Science
Faculty of Arts Representative, Faculty Board of Education 2005
Lecturer in charge of transcripts in the Department 2000 to date
Lecturer in charge of the Departmental library 2000 to date
Dr. A, Aminu
Department of Economics,
University of Lagos,
Dr. Y. Raji,
Department of Physiology,
University of Ibadan,
Email: [email protected]