Personal Profile Page
Dr. Lateef Oluwole ABBAS B.A. (Hons), M.A., PGD (Ibadan)
Areas of Specialization:
Islamic Studies (Islamic Law and Institutions)
Room 129, First Floor, Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.
Tel: 00234 (0)8028940795
E- mail: [email protected]
Current Research Projects
(i) The Relationship between values, Religions Teachings and Mainstream Development Concepts and Practices â€“ a component of the DFID/University of Birmingham/NISER Programme on Religion and Development.
(ii) Islam and Public Health in Sub Sahara Africa. A component of the DFID/London Metropolitan University.
1. Abbas, L.O. (1997), Martyrdom in Islam: Its concepts and forms. Al-Fikr, Journal of the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan. Vol. 18 Pp. 59-66.
2. Abbas, L.O. (1998), Nigerian Census Figures as they affect Muslims. Al-Hadarah, Lagos State University. Vol. 1, No. 1 Pp. 63-68.
3. Abbas, L.O. (2000). The Concept of Worship and Supplication in Islam in I.A.B. Balogun, (ed) Islamic Tenets and the Shariâ€˜ah. Sam Brook Man Publishers, Ibadan. Pp. 11-20.
4. Abbas, L.O. (2006). The Role of Muslim Organisations in Policy Implementation of Islamic Religious Studies. Al-Fikr Journal of the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan.
5. Abbas, L.O. (2008). An Overview of the Religious and Political Leadership of a Muslim Woman. Journal of the Nigeria Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) Pp. 184-190.6. Abbas, L.O. (2008). The Contributions of the University of Ibadan to Manpower Development in Arabic and Islamic Studies in Z.I. Oseni (ed) Fluorescence of Arabic and Islamic Studies in Nigeria, HEBN Publishers Plc. Ibadan Pp. 18-25.
7. Abbas, L.O. (2008). The Origin and Importance of Mosque in Islam. Orita, Ibadan Journal of Religious Studies Pp. 76-87.
8. Abbas, L.O. (2009). Imamate and Peripheral issues in Osogbo Central Mosque in Ishaq Akintola (ed.), Correlates of Islam, Ahmadu Bello University Press Limited, Zaria Pp. 217-223.9. Abbas, L.O. (2009) Resurrection and Judgement in Islam in Wole Abbas et al (ed.). Women, Islam and current issues in development. Obafemi Awolowo Printing Press Limited, Ile-Ife pp. 271-277.
10. Abbas, L.O. (2009) Succession problems in the appointment of Imam of Ibadan land. Ife Journal of Religions. Vol. 4, No. 1 Pp. 57-65.
11. Abbas, L.O. (2009). The Effects of Arab Conflicts on the Muslim World. LUMINA, Journal of Holy Name University, Greece.