Louisa Bassey ANDAH
Academic and Professional Qualifications
B.A (Nsukka) MCA(Ibadan) MA (Ibadan).
Area of Specialisation
Office: Department of Communication and Language
- Andah, L.B. (Forthcoming) ‘The Efik People’ in The Peoples of Nigeria (ed) Valentine Olayemi.
- Andah L.B. (2008) Co-investigator. Community-directed interventions
for major health problems in Africa. A multi-country study.
Final Report. Switzerland: UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO.
Major Conferences/Workshops/Seminars Attended and Papers Delivered
- WHO Workshop on Media Advocacy for Sustained Treatment in Onchocerciasis Control held at UCH, Ibadan.
Paper Delivered: The use of Television Programmes as a Means of Advocacy for the Control of Chronic Disabling Diseases. October, 1998.
- World Archaeological Congress (WAC 4) held at University of Cape Town, South Africa. January 1999.
- USAID/OTI (Training of Trainers) Workshop on Conflict Management in Nigerian Universities held at Conference Centre U.I. December, 2000.
- UNDP Workshop on Drug Demand Reduction. Ibadan. 2-3 July, 2001.
- UNICEF Workshop on Media and Jingles held at the Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
Paper Delivered: Media in the Promotion of Effective Social Messages: The Case of Broadcast Jingles. 2001.
vi. CEDPA’S (Training Of Trainers) WORKSHOP – Women’s
Leadership Programme (WLP) held at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
Paper Delivered: Developing CommunicationStrategies for Improved Reproductive Health among Female Students in the University of Ibadan. March 2003.
- Workshop on Effective Handling of Sub-Degree students
and Resource Material Development for Distance Learning
Centre (DLC) Students. December 2006.