Godwin Orimoloye SHOKI
Academic and Professional Qualifications
B.A (Ibadan), Pgd.E(Lagos), M.A(Ibadan), Ph. D (Ibadan).
Area of Specialisation
Office: Department of Communication and Language
- Shoki, Godwin & Ifie Egbe (1999).(ed) A Library of Niger-Delta Tales
Vol. I Ibadan: Oputoru Books.
- Ifie Egbe, & Shoki, Godwin (2000).(ed) A Library of Niger-Delta Tales Vol II Ibadan: Oputoru Books.
- Shoki, Godwin (1999). “Dapo Adelugba and the Classical Unities in ‘The Scoundrel Suberu.’ ” Egbe Ifie (ed). From Fire Baptism to Eternal Celebrity: Views and Reminiscences on Dapo Adelugba at Sixty Ibadan: Oputoru Books, pp. 110 – 115.
- Shoki, Godwin & Offeh, Andrew (2000). “Paragraphing.” Umukoro, S.O. (ed) Readings in General Studies. Abraka: Delta State University, pp. 80 – 94
- Shoki, Godwin (2000). “The Circulation System”, Castalia, Vol. 5 Dec. pp. 80 – 86. [University of Ibadan]
6. Akinsola, O.S. & Shoki, G.O. (2000) “Psychological Implications of Mastery Learning on Students and Teachers” Knowledge Review, Vol.2 N. 5 Sept. pp. 95 – 101. [University of Uyo]
7. Shoki, Godwin (2001) “Religious Drama and Television Broadcasting: An Evaluative Study of Agbara Nla”. Castalia, Vol. 6, April No. 1 pp. 11 - 15.
8. Shoki, Godwin (2001) “The Technology of the Textbook” Castalia, Vol. 7 No. 1 pp. 66 – 71
9. Shoki Godwin and Ufuophu-Biri Emmanuel (2008 )“An Assessment of the Use of the New Media Technology in Newspaper Publishing in Nigeria”. Journal of Creative Paradigm. . Vol. 1 pp 11-24.
10. Shoki Godwin and Ufuophu-Biri Emmanuel (2008) ‘Implication of GSM Usage Among Delta State University Students on Conventional Media. Eserinune McCarty Mqjaye, Olusola Oyeyinka Oyewo, Ritchard M’Bayo and Idowu Akanbi Sobowale (ed) Health Communication, Gender Violence and ICTs in Nigeria. Ibadan: Ibadan University Press
11. Shoki Godwin and Oni Wale (2008): Semiotic Analysis of Computer-Mediated Communication in Selected Instant Messages of Nigeria Students. Qwerty: rivista Italiana interdisciplinare di tecnologia, cultura e formazione pp 21-47
12. Shoki, G.O (2010) Publishing in Africa Since 1973: An Assessment, Scholarly Publishing in Africa. Solani Ngobeni (ed) Pretoria: African Institute of South Africa pp 51-68
13. Ifeduba Emmanuel and Shoki Godwin (2010) ‘Patterns of Adoption of Electronic Publication Innovation Among Nigerian Publishers World Libraries Vol 18:1
1. Cultural and Linguistic Barriers to Information Retrieval and Dissemination. Paper presented at the 72nd IFLA General Conference and Council. August 20-24, 2006 at Seoul, South Korea.
2. Readability as Consideration for Book Selection Criterion in Book Selection Practices in some Academic Libraries in Nigeria. Paper presented at the 73rd IFLA General Conference and Council at Durban, South Africa,
August 19-23rd, 2007.
3. Professions in Publishing. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Nigerian Library Association Ibadan September 2007.
4. How to Promote Reading Culture in Oyo State. Paper presented on the occasion of the Annual General Meeting of the Nigeria Library Association Oyo State Chapter. December 14th, 2007
5. Role of Information and Communication Technologies in Newspaper Reportage of the Niger Delta: Study of the Vanguard Newspaper. Acce 2008 Conference Proceedings.
6. Creativity in Oral and Written Literature. International Conference on African Literature, Department of English, University of Ibadan, Nigeria., july 3-6 2008.