Personal Profile Page
Dr. Taiwo Folorunsho
Birth date: 1964-03-15
Department of Classics
Faculty of Arts
University of Ibadan
Telephone number: +2347034586869 +2348023255750
E-Mail address: [email protected]
- University of Ibadan 1983-1986
- University of Ibadan 1987-1988
- University of Ibadan 1997-2002
- B.A. (Hons) Classical Studies 1986
- M.A. Classics 1990
- download CV
TEACHING EXPERIENCE AT UNIVERSITY LEVEL
- Tutorial Assistant, GES 101 (Use of English) 1998
- Teaching Assistant GES 101(Use of English) 1997-1999
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Classics ,University of Ibadan 1999 to Dec. 2001
- Lecturer II January 2002 to Date
- The portrayal of Roman social life-styles in Latin Literature (presented at CAN Seminar, 1988).
- Protest Literature under the Roman Principate: A study of the Neronian Period.(Departmental Seminal, 1998).
- Orality in Classical and Yoruba Satiric Poetry: A study of Juvenal satires; Niyi Osundare's waiting laughter, and Atari Ajanaku, Orin Ewuro.(Linguistics and African Languages seminar, 2000).
- Images of Nature and Environment in Latin Literature (August, 2004).
- Treatment and Style: an adaptation of Antigone of Sophocles by Osofisan in Tegonni (May.2005)
- Themes of Roman Satire and the Poetry of Tekena Tamuno (Ph.D Thesis).
DISSERTATION & THESIS:
- Taiwo, E.F. Quaestiones Petroniani, unpublished Long Essay, 1986.
- Taiwo, E. F. The Classics and English Satire, M.A. 1988.
- Taiwo, E. F., Dissidence Literature and the Tyranny of Nero. M. Phil. (2002)
- Between Roman and English Satire; A satirico realistic appraisal, 2001,Vol.7, No 11 pp 50-64 CASTALIA, Journal of multicultural/Multidisciplinary studies
- Nero's Prosopography; A view of the Ancients, Nigeria and the Classics, 1998. vol.3 No.1.pp 33-47.
- Morality and Politics in Juvenal Satires and Tekena Tamuno's Poetry, Nigeria and the Classics, 1999, pp 61-75.
ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION:
- Orality in Classical and Yoruba Satiric Poetry: A study of Juvenal Satires, Niyi Osundare, Waiting Laughters, Orin Ewuro, Atari Ajanaku, in Linguistics and African Languages, May 2001.
SCHOLARSHIPS, FELLOWHIPS AND PRIZES
- Language prize(Latin) 1983/84
- Leventis Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 1998
- University of Ibadan Teaching Assistantship Award 1997-1999
HONOURS, DISTINCTIONS AND MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES:
- Member of Classical Association of Nigeria (CAN)
- Member of FIEC (Federation of the Societies of Classical Studies
CONFERENCES ATTENDED WITH DATES:
- International seminar on the Legacy of Frobenius: his studies and appreciation of African Art. University of Ibadan, September 2000.
- Seminar in honour of Prof. O. Olatunji, Department of Linguistics and African Languages, July 2000.
- African Conference 2004. Perspectives on Yoruba History and culture; at The University of Texas at Austin, USA.(March.2004)
- ACCE Conference; on Communication and the Environment. University of Ibadan, August 2004.