Adekunle Oyinloye DADA
Academic and Professional Qualifications
B.A (Hons), M.A, PhD (Ib)
Area of Specialisation
Department of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Militarization of Nigerian Socio-Religious Space. The research begins in March 2010.This research is trying to assess the impact of the long Military rule on Nigeria’s socio-political space. The liturgy and biblical hermeneutical enterprise of the ordinary readers of the Bible would be subjected to a thorough scrutiny in order to see how the impact of militarization on them. The research hopes to test the hypothesis that there is usually correlation between religious practices and prevailing socio- political situation. Presently we are gathering data in the three states across the geo-political zones to be used as case study. If we are able to access the needed fund the result of the research should be out in the first quarter of 2012.
- Biblical Hermeneutics in the Context of Contemporary Environmental Challenges in Africa. I started this research in June 2009. The research is presently examining how biblical interpretation can be engaged to effect social transformation. We are currently conducting interviews with key Church leaders in Nigeria and also some of my research assistants are helping to do same in Ghana. The result of the research will be published by December 2010.
Dissertation and Thesis
- Dada, A.O. (1997) “Origin and Development of Yahwism in Israelite Religion”(M.A. Project), Department of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan.
- Dada,A.O.(2005) “Psychical Phenomena in Israelite Prophetic Tradition As Exemplified in Ezekiel 1-3 And Selected Churches in Ibadan” PhD Thesis, Department of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan.
- Dada, A.O. (1999) “Christianity and Yoruba Culture” In E. Ifie(ed) Africa: Our Time and Culture, Ibadan, Oputoru Books, pp94-106. ISBN 978-35285-9-9 [NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O.(2002) “Vestige of Israelite Cultic Practices in the Activities of some Nigerian Indigenous Churches” In E. Ifie (ed) Papers in Honour of Takena Tamuno @ 70, Ibadan, Oputoru Books, pp55-69.ISBN 978- 8014-08-9 [NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O.(2003) “Christology from Below: A Reflection on Christological Elements in Selected Yoruba Gospel Songs” In S.O.Abogurin,et al. (eds.) Christology in African Context, Ibadan: Nigerian Association for Biblical Studies, pp259-276. ISSBN 075-7602 [NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2000): “Communal Effort and Poverty Alleviation in Traditional Yoruba Society: Lessons for Contemporary African Church” CASTALIA: Ibadan Journal of Multicultural/ Multidisciplinary Studies, vol. 3. pp100-108.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O.(2000): “Music as Vehicle for Prophetic Inspiration” CASTALIA: Ibadan Journal of Multicultural/ Multidisciplinary, vol.4 No 2 pp7-14.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O.(2001): “A Millionaire Through Jesus: II Corinthians 8:9 from the Perspective of some Nigerian Prosperity Preachers” African Journal of Biblical Studies vol.xvi, no 1, pp82-92.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2002): “Social Dynamics of Spirit Possession in Ancient Near East” Journal of Arabic and Religious Studies, vol.16, pp79-90.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2004): “Prosperity Gospel in Nigerian Context: A Medium of Social Transformation or an Impetus for Delusion?” Orita: Ibadan Journal of Religious studies, vol.xxxvi/Nos 1&2, pp95-107.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2004): “Nimrod in the Table of Nations(Gen.10) And Lamurudu in Yoruba Legend of Origin: Common Source of Traditions or Mere Coincidence?” African Journal of Biblical Studies vol.xxi/No2, pp57-69.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2005): “Repositioning the Nigerian Church Towards National Rebirth” Insight: Journal of Religious Studies, vol.2, No 1&2,pp39-49.[NIGERIA]
- Dada,A.O.(2005): “Creative Adaptation or Magical Manipulation: The Use of Psalms in the Healing Process in Afro-Christian Churches in Yorubaland” Obitun: Journal of the Humanities vol.4, No1,pp36-47. [NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2007): “ An Evaluation of Theological Education in the Old testament in the Context of Contemporary Nigeria” Africa Theological Journal vol. 30 No 1, pp87-101[TANZANIA]
- Dada, A.O.(2007): “ Rereading the Namaan Story in the Context of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Africa” Old Testament Essays: Journal of Old Testament Society of South Africa vol.20 No 3, pp586-600.[SOUTH AFRICA]
- Dada, A.O.(2007): “An Evangelical Reflection on Contextual Hermeneutics in Africa” African journal of Biblical Studies, vol. xxix/No 1, pp3-20.[NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2007): “Priestcraft in Ancient Israel and Contemporary Nigerian Society: The Sons of Eli and Samuel as Exemplas” Bible Bhashyam: An Indian Biblical Quarterly vol.xxxii/No 4, pp.[ INDIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2009): “ The Interaction of Prophecy and Yoruba Culture in Selected African Indigenous Churches” Black Theology: An International Journal vol.7 No 2, pp.167-181. [UNITED KINGDOM]
- Dada, A.O. (2009): “Redefining The Role of the Church in Poverty Alleviation in Nigeria” Mission Today vol. xi No 3,pp [INDIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2009): “Decolonizing Theological Education in Nigeria” Doon Theological Journal: vol.6 no 2 pp146-161 [INDIA
- Dada, A.O. (2009): Harnessing Traditional Yoruba Communal Values and Ideals for Self-Reliance and Development” Orita: Ibadan Journal of Religious Studies vol. XLI/II ,pp.34-45. [NIGERIA]
- Dada, A.O. (2010 in print): “Repositioning Contextual Biblical Hermeneutics in Africa Towards Holistic Empowerment” Black Theology: An International Journal vol. 8 No 2, pp160-174. [UNITED KINGDOM]