Afis Ayinde Oladosu
Academic and Professional Qualifications
B.A. , M.A, Ph.D (Ibadan)
Area of Specialisation
Department of of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Tel: + 234 –
- The Dubious, the Pious, the Blasphemous: Exploring the Mystical in Modern Arabic Poetry.
- Oladosu A. A (2001) Themes and styles in Arabic Short Story in Sudan (1930-1999). (Ph.d Thesis submitted to the University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 2001.
- Re-Imagining the Past, Re-Constructing the Future: Ifriqiyya in Modern Sudanese Poetry
- Tradition, Modernity and Arabic Literary Tradition in Sudan
Dissertation and Thesis
- Oladosu A. A Illusion versus Reality; A Sociological Study of Najib Mahfuz’s al-Tariq M.A project submitted to the university of Ibadan 1994..
- Oladosu A. A (2001) Themes and styles in Arabic Short Story in Sudan (1930 1999). (Ph.d Thesis submitted to the University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 2001.
- Oladosu A. A (2007) (ed) Islam in Contemporary Africa: On Violence, Terrorism and Development. [Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing]
- Oladosu A .A .(2001)”Critical Perspectives to the Penal Code” in AbdulRahman M . O. (ed) Perspectives. In Islamic Law and Jurisprudence [Ibadan: Polygraphs) pp.180-225.
- Oladosu A.A. (2002) “Towards a Literary History of Sudan”. In Sanni,A.O (ed) An Unfamiliar Guest in a Familiar Household: Arabic and Islamic Studies in Honour of Isaac Adejoju Ogunbiyi. [Lagos: Lagos State University] pp. 154-174.
- Oladosu A.A.(2005). “Cross-Culturalism: Re-Reading Arabic into African culture” in Ademola Ajayi .S (ed) African Culture and Civilization [Ibadan: University of Ibadan Cultural Studies Group] p145-160
- Oladosu A. A (2008) “Faces” of Islam in Africa”. In Solomon H. and Fadare A. (ed) Muslims and State Politics in Africa (Pretoria: University of Pretoria] p. 27-50.
- Oladosu A. Afis (2010) "Race" s. v Encyclopedia of African Thought (Oxford University Press)
- Oladosu A. A (2002) “Dawah to the Globalized: Perspectives from the Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria” Proceedings of WAMY’ International Conference on Muslim Youth and Globalization, [Saudi Arabia] pp.25-40
- Oladosu A .A (2006) “Mahdism Versus Colonialism: A Study of Muslim Response to Colonial Rule” in Somaliland”. In A.B.C. Kasozi (ed) Islamic Civilization in Eastern Africa [Istanbul: OIC] p. 129-148.
- Oladosu A. A (2007) “Victims, Witnesses and Perpetrators: The Poetics of Violence in Islamic Jurisprudence”. In Oladosu A. A (ed) Islam in Contemporary Africa: On Violence, Terrorism and Development [Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing] pp 1-23.
- Oladosu A. A (1994) “Najib Mahfuz’s al-Tariq- Author, Structure and Thematic Postures” in al-Fikr Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies No. 15 [Ibadan] pp. 90-114.
- Oladosu, A.A, (1997), “Towards the Emergence of the Short Story in Sudan”. AL-FIKR: Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies No. 17-18. [Ibadan] pp. 29-38.
- Oladosu, A.A, (1998): “The Muslim World at the Threshold of the 21st Century” Journal of Objective Studies Vol. 10. No. 2 [India] pp. 86-108.
- Oladosu, A.A, (2000) “The Metaphor of “the Road” in Najib Mahfuz and Wole Soyinka's Fiction” in Ibadan Journal of Humanistic Studies No 10, [Ibadan] Pp 16-30.
- Oladosu, A. A, (2000) “The Romantic Poetry in Modern Arabic Literature: A Re- Consideration” NATAIS: Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies [Lagos] p. 80-105
- Oladosu, A.A, (2003) “Mu’awiyyat Muhammad Nur and the Birth of the Short Story in Sudan” Al-Had`arah: LASU Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies vol. 4, [Lagos] pp.78-100.
- Oladosu, A.A, (2004) “From the Periphery: Periscoping the Romantic Trend in Modern Sudanese Fiction” Islamic Culture Vol. Lxxviii, No. 2 [India] pp. 1-24
- Oladosu, A.A, (2004) “Wad-Nil: Mapping the 20th Century Egypt-Sudanese History through the Sudanese Fiction” Hamdard Islamicus Vol. xxv [Islamabad] pp. 78-91
- Oladosu, A.A, (2004), “Authority versus Sexuality: Dialectics in Woman’s Image in Modern Sudanese Narrative Discourse” Hawwa Vol. 2, No.1 [Netherlands] pp. 113-139.
- Oladosu, A.A, (2005) “Al-Sūd in African Literature: Re-Thinking Ayi Kwei Armah and Ihsan Abdul Quddus” Journal of Oriental and African Studies Vo. IV, [Greece] pp.211-230.
- Oladosu, A.A, (2005) “Children and the Unhomely in the Sudanese Novel” Hawwa Vol. 3.No.3. [Netherland] pp.. 334-354
- Oladosu A.A. (2006) “Spatiality in Sayf al-Din Hasan Babikir’s al-Zaman” International Journal of Arabic-English Studies Vol 7. [Lebanon] pp.49-64
- Oladosu A. A (2006) Identities: Engaging Self and Other in Modern Sudanese Narrative Discourse” Middle Eastern Studies Vol 42, No. 6. [London] pp. 935-944
- Oladosu A. A: (2008) “The Female, the Feminine and the Feminist: Re-reading Tayyeb Salih’s Season of Migration to the North” Studies in the Humanities vol. 35 no. 1 [Indiana] pp. 99-117
- Oladosu A. A: (2008) “Is it Because My Face is Black” Journal of Arabic Literature Vol. 39. No 2 [Netherland] p.184-215.
- Oladosu A. Afis: (2009) “The Public, The Private and the Sphere In-Between: Re-Reading Najib Mahfuz's Children of Our Quarter" in Nordic Journal of African Studies (Helsinki) vol 17: 4
- Oladosu A. Afis (2009) "History Of Domination, Literature Of Resistance: Re-Envisioning The British-Sudan Between 1898 And 1956" in Correlates of Islam (ed) Is-haq Akintola et al (Zaria: Ahmadu Bello University Press) 63-85
- Oladosu A.Afis (2009): "al-Rujullah: Male and Masculinities in Modern Sudanese Narrative Discourse" in Hawwa 7.3 (Netherlands) p. 249-270
- Oladosu A. Afis (2010): "Beyond 9/11: Histories and Spaces of Terrorism in Africa" in Securing Africa: Post 9/11 Discourses on Terrorism (ed) M. Smith (London: Ashgate, Publishers) p. 51-67
- Oladosu A. Afis (2011): “On Muslim Unity: Theory, Philosophy, Reality” in al-Hikmah Vol. 1 No. 1 (2011) (Malaysia) p.1-25
- Oladosu A. Afis (2011) “Between the Honey and the Poison: Corruption and Its Panacea in Islamic Hermeneutics” in ICR Journal vol. 2 No. 3 (Kuala Lumpur)
- Oladosu A. Afis (2011) “Amnesia, Nostalgia and the North African Literature” in al-Shajarah: Journal of Islamic Thought and Civilization
- vol. 16. Number 2
- Oladosu A. Afis “….”in al-Shajarah: Journal of Islamic Thought and Civilization vol. 16. Number 2
- Oladosu A. Afis (2011) Islamic Literature: A Necessity (Kuala Lumpur: International Islamic University Press, 2011)
- Oladosu A. A. and Oladosu-Uthman H.(20111) “The Cross, The Crescent and The Media in Nigeria: An Islamic Critique” in Sacred Rumblings: Perspectives on Christian-Muslim Relations in Contemporary Nigeria. (USA: Peter Lang) .
- Oladosu A. A (2010) الليل الأبيضAn Anthology of Poems in Arabic (Lagos: Shirkat al-Mumtaz)